Saturday, May 31, 2008

the zoo, ready in 45 minutes, with 2 kids...





when we woke up this morning, we knew we wanted to do something, but driving to Tampa I didn't think would be the first thing on our list, but it was. I was feeding Brooke and Lucas was watching cartoons at about 7:15 when Rusty came out and asked if we wanted to go to the zoo. We both thought it sounded like a good idea, and by 8:15 we were all in the car ready to go. I am still not quite sure how I got myself, and two kids dressed and in the car by then, but it worked, breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds was on the way. We got there about 9:30 and had a great time. Lucas loved to see the monkeys and pet the Llama, but most of all, wanted to play in the water. We say the giraffes and elephants, birds and zebras, but still, wanted to play in the water. We only stayed until about 12:30 because it was then 95degrees, but had a great day. After that came home and played in the pool. I think that Rusty and Lucas had more fun in the pool, they were in there until about 6 o'clock, but Brooke must have been overwhelmed by the fresh air that she got because she slept from about 5-8 and then back down by 9. All the kids (including Rusty) are in bed by 9:15 and I have a little me time. Hopefully the sleep that Brooke got earlier doesn't' get her up at 2, but I am enjoying my time on the computer and watching a movie. Also, we saw the space shuttle go up at 5:02, it was amazing as always, the picture is right across the street above my neighbors house.

No comments: