Thursday, May 22, 2008

making Bread...




Since I have been on maternity leave I have tried to be a good wife and mother and cook new things. I have been successful at times, so when my Dad was here he showed me how to make homemade french bread. Unfortunately, this time wasn't so successful. Lucas was at the sitters a few weeks back and I decided to try it out. After talking with my Dad I got everything in the bread machine and had and hour and a half to get some cleaning done. I was in Lucas's room going thru some toys and I heard a crash, I thought it was just one of his toys in the playroom since I had just been in there cleaning. After about 10 minutes, I walked into the Kitchen and found my bread machine, a ball of dough and the pan all scattered, yes, on the floor. All I could do is laugh. Apparently, while the dough was kneading, it had rocked the bread machine right off the counter. I put it all back together and turned it back on. Seemed to be working well. After the timer went off, I put it in the oven and the bread actually came out ok, not as good as Dad's bread, but ok. Now comes to a few days ago. Lucas was home and we decided to try it again. We got the machine out, put all the ingredient in it and plugged it in...all we got was beeping and EEE...yikes, I think the fall took it's last toll on my Bread Machine, out to the trash it went. Now I had a new problem, what do I do? I call my Dad right away, he told me to put the ingredients in my Kitchen Aid and mix it that way and just put it in a greased bowl and let it rise like that. Who knew...it was much better than my last loaf, and if pictures can tell, I think that Lucas had fun helping..or at least playing in the flour and eating it!

No comments: