Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lucas's New Bedroom






Yes, I know that Lucas is three, so it is time for his new "big boy's room" and a real bed! Rusty and I had a great time painting and moving furniture, going with the race car theme...his favorite. However, it didn't go like I thought. We had our friends Greg, Todd and Vicki and thier son Trent over to play cards, and at 9:30, he wanted no part of going to bed. So, the nice Mom that I am let him stay up and watch the Toy Story in Mommy and Daddy's bed. By 11 when he was still awake, Rusty decided it was time to go to his bed. He didn't want to sleep in his new bed, so Rusty put him to bed in the crib. So, before I went to bed later, I brought him into his new bed so at least he would wake up there. At 7:30, he was calling my name and thank God for rubber sheets because he was SOAKED. (it didn't help that I let him have a cup of milk while he was watching the movie....bad Mommy.) After a tubby and a wash of the sheets the room is back to normal again and he is SOOOOOOOOO happy that he has a big bed. Hopefully tonight he will be more excited about going to sleep in it!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Since you already know I "stalk" your blog, I figure I should leave a comment on your new creation...great job!! The room looks awesome! Don't you feel proud? I bet Lucas wants to spend all his time in there!